19 Feb 5 Tips for Productive Meetings with Your Software Development Team
Nobody likes to waste time, and according to Harvard Business Review, we may be wasting more time than we think in meetings. “Meetings have increased in length and frequency over the past 50 years, to the point where executives spend an average of nearly 23 hours a week in them, up from less than 10 hours in the 1960s.”
As a software development team that automates processes to save you time, we want to save you time in meetings as well.
To ensure you get the information you need about your application development project as efficiently as possible, these are the steps we both should follow to keep our meetings running swiftly and productively.
- Be prepared. The development team will send a detailed agenda before the meeting. Make sure to review it and add any items that you would like addressed.
- Take notes. We will take notes, and with your permission, sometime audio recordings of the meeting to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
- Leave time for questions. We dedicate the last ten minutes of our meetings to answering any questions that you may have.
- Review next steps and end on time. Once we answer any outstanding questions, the development team will review the next steps of your project. And by beginning the meeting on time and following the agenda, we should be able to close the session on time.
- Follow up. The development team will send a recap of the meeting with answers to any open questions.
By being prepared and on the same page, you and our software development team will be able to work collaboratively and efficiently towards the creation of your custom application.