23 Aug 5 Steps to Refine Your Processes
In most businesses, certain processes are repeatable – everyday it’s the same tasks and the same check list being checked off. It may seem like you have the procedures down pat, but how can you be so sure?
You’ve been doing the same for so long, how do you know if that same old way, is the best way?
Not executing processes in the most efficient way means you could be losing out on valuable time; and you know what they say, “time is money“. That’s why it is well worth it to have someone else take a look at them for you.
Review these five tips to see where you might be going wrong, and where you can go right:
1. Look at the big picture
- What are all of the steps that your business needs to take in order to deliver the finished product?
- Are the processes to complete the steps standardized? When processes are standardized, all employees can easily collaborate and communicate from beginning to end.
2. Know where your process begins and ends
- Begin by identifying where a product starts and where it finishes.
- Take note of the high-level milestones that need to be tracked throughout its life cycle.
3. Count on your team
- Who better to give insight into what’s working and what’s not than the people who carry the processes out?
- Business processes will be more successful if the people completing them are aware of why they are completing them, and how their role contributes to the life cycle as a whole.
4. Take a look back
- Set a time period to re-evaluate your standardized workflow. You may realize that some steps need to be added or removed.
- Don’t be afraid to make changes in order to grow.
5. Keep an open mind
- As your business grows and workflow products mature, be open to integrating with new products, such as custom software, or other applications to increase your productivity and efficiency.
- Partnering with a company that can help streamline your processes for maximum efficiency as your business grows and changes can be valuable; because of their fresh perspective, they can often see things in your business that you can’t.
Inverse Square is a custom software development company focusing on automating processes and building software to address complex business challenges. Contact us today for a fresh perspective and a free consultation!Request a Consultation